Monday, August 18, 2014

Izzy's Saddlebag

Recently I participated in a Judy Niemeyer workshop held by the Thimble & Thread Quilt Guild.
Cappucino was the pattern offered.  Not caring for this pattern, I decided to only make 1 block.   I used fabric that I absolutely hated.  After making the block, the contrast fabric worked perfectly with the hated fabric.  I still would not want to make this quilt, but the block could be used individually in other ways.

I decided to make a saddlebag purse for my granddaughter to carry her school books.  The picture attached shows the finished bag.  The first picture shows front of the purse with the JNiemeyer block on the left.
As you can see, there is great contrast in fabric.  The second picture shows the bag with the flap down.  Here I added Isabelle's initials.




No comments:

Post a Comment