Sunday, July 17, 2011

1st Block .. Crazy Quilt - Novice Round Robin

Not sure if anyone is a "crazy quilter", but I decided to give it a try.  Crazy quilting is so out of my comfort zone that my heart races just thinking about it, but I decided I had to give it the full college try.

To start, I joined a Yahoo group known as Crazy Quilters International.  This group has round robins where a group of 5 CQI'rs make a naked block, pass it on in a predetermined rotation, crazy quilt the block and mail it to the next CQ'r to add more embellishments.  After the 5th rotation, the block is returned to it's rightful owner complete with the love and care given by each of the 5 CQ'rs.  This is my naked block.

Friday, my  block was mailed to Australia and then Saturday I received my first naked block to embellish.  OOOHHH, the pressure is so intense.  I can do it..

No comments:

Post a Comment